RICK’S GAME DAY RECIPE – By Donna Miller Oct 8, 2017
HONEY MUSTARD TERIYAKI WINGS 💗
A couple of years back, Rick and I spent a fun weekend in Panama City Beach. One night, we went to a restaurant called Pompano’s and Rick tried Honey Mustard Bacon Wrapped Shrimp for the first time. He was hooked. In the past few years, we tried many recipes hoping to find something similar. Finally one night, we tried this sauce and believe we found a match!
Since then, Rick has grilled chicken, bacon wrapped shrimp skewers, pork tenderloin and chicken wings with this sauce. These wings are amazing! Enjoy!
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 6 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 LBS Chicken Wings (Rick uses extra large wings)
- Oil for frying
- Prepare sauce by blending ingredients 1-6 in saucepan. Stir over medium heat until bubbly.
- Rinse raw chicken under cold running water.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Fry wings in hot oil (350 degrees) until done. Ours takes 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay fried wings on rack to drain grease.
- One by one, dip wings in sauce and arrange in 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of wings in the dish.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. This is where the sauce clings and turns magically delicious! 😋