CREAMY AUTUMN VEGGIE SOUP
Who else is LOVING this cooler weather? This week, I wanted to make a batch of fresh comforting soup! Not because I was feeling under the weather. But just because! And isn’t that the best reason? ❤
This Soup is rich, creamy and nourishing. Packed with good for you beta carotene, B vitamins, biotin, vitamins C, E and K, folate, manganese, pantothenic acid and potassium. Garlic, Ginger, Onions, Tumeric, Red Beets and Sweet Potatoes help contribute to detoxing our bodies.
- Olive Oil
- Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potato
- Red Bell Pepper
- 3 Peeled Carrots
- Large Tomato
- Large Onion, Peeled
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 2 Beets, Red or Golden
- 6 Cups of Veggie Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut or Almond Butter (Optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (Optional)
- Ginger and Garlic, I use squeeze paste
- 2 tsp Tumeric Powder or to taste
- Salt and Pepper
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub veggies. Peel Carrots and Onion. Split the Beets. Split the Squash in half longwise.
- Arrange all veggies (except celery) on foil lined sheet pan, with cut sides down on the Squash and Beets.
- Drizzle Olive Oil over Onion, Tomato, Celery and Carrots.
- Roast veggies for an hour.
- Remove from oven and let slightly cool.
- Add Veggie Broth to your pot and turn up heat to high.
- Scoop out seeds from Squash and Red Pepper.
- Spoon out flesh from Beets and Squash which may not be completely done and that’s ok!
- Split Sweet Potato and spoon out flesh.
- Add all veggies to the pot, including celery.
- Add Ginger, Garlic and Tumeric to taste.
- Bring to boil, than turn heat down and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add Peanut Butter and Butter.
- With immersion blender, whip until smooth and silky!
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
If you prefer, the Butter and Peanut Butter can all be left out and it would still be delicious!