WHITE CHOCOLATE & MACADAMIA OATMEAL COOKIES by Donna Miller
We just baked these fresh today for some friends who are visiting tonight! But these cookies are awesome all year long and not just at Christmas time! We bake it for other gatherings like Church Small Groups etc. It really tastes like a gourmet cookie and goes over super well and I get asked for the recipe ALOT! I have even seen girlfriends who claimed to be on a strict diet break down and have two or three lol.
We have adapted the recipe over the years until it was perfect for us. (See the original recipe here!) We use less salt and regular butter (not unsalted) and have added dried cranberries and chopped macadamia nuts, which make the cookie so AH-MAY-ZING!
It’s super important to use real white chocolate in this recipe! I can’t speak for all the white chocolate bark on the market, but the ones we have seen in the supermarkets at Christmas time are NOT chocolate at all.
You can use other dried fruit or nuts if you prefer and personalize these cookies to your tastes!
This recipe is also awesome that you can wrap the dough in saran wrap and store in your fridge and bake fresh cookies as you need or want them. If you need to store for longer than maybe a week, I have prerolled them into little balls and frozen them before. It works really well like that also!
Cheers! And enjoy! You won’t be disappointed by these cookies!
XOXO Donna Miller
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon table salt
14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) Butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
Sea Salt (Big flakes if you have them!)
4.4 Oz Bar Lindt Classic Recipe White Chocolate Bar, chopped
¾ Cup Ocean Spray Craisins Dried Cranberries
4.5 Oz Jar Mauna Loa Macadamia Nuts, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and table salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula, then add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Scrape down bowl again. Add flour mixture gradually and mix until just incorporated and smooth. Gradually add oats and mix until well incorporated. With rubber spatula, stir in white chocolate pieces, macadamia nuts and dried cranberries.
- Using small Ice Cream Scoop, create 24 equal portions, each about 2 tablespoons and place on lined baking sheets about 2 1/2 inches apart. Do not flatten.
- Bake until cookies are deep golden brown, about 14 minutes. When they come out of the oven, sprinkle with a pinch of the sea salt while hot.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- In between batches, store dough in fridge so it doesn’t soften on your counter top. Also wait until your cookie sheet have cooled slightly. Softened dough or a too hot cookie sheet will cause the cookie to flatten when baking. I can’t explain why. This is just something we learned along the way!