GAME DAY RECIPE – By Donna Miller Oct 7, 2017
CRISPY OVEN ROASTED CHICKPEAS 💗
I LOVE Garbanzo Beans!! I search for them on salad bars and also love them blended into a creamy hummus. But roasting them? Oh yes!! These healthy little legumes morph into a savory, addictive and crunchy snack full of protein and fiber!
Y’all these are super easy to make! You probably already have a can of Garbanzo’s sitting in your pantry, just waiting to get nice and toasty in your oven! I usually just use one can, which makes about a cup of snack. But you can easily double or triple this recipe if you need to!
- 1 15-ounce cans chickpeas
- 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite Olive Oil. Don’t skimp! (we LOVE our PHILEOS EVOO. It is imported from Greece and has a very fresh and light flavor. An inexpensive find at our Destin Home Goods Store!)
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite spices. Add more or less to your taste. I love my Trader Joe’s “Garlic Salt”. It’s Roasted Garlic, Sea Salt, Onion and Parsley!! But you can use fresh herbs, cumin, chili powder, thyme, turmeric, curry, smoked Spanish paprika, or any other spice of your choice! Make sure its something you already love … I don’t want you to ruin your first batch of Roasted Chickpeas! The combo of garlic, onion, sea salt and parsley is a winner to me!
- Heat oven to 425 Degrees.
- Rinse and drain: Open the can(s) of chickpeas and pour into a strainer in the sink. Rinse good with cold running water. Shake lightly and let sit a few minutes to drain.
- Dry between a couple of sheets of paper towels.
- Spread chickpeas out in an even layer on a baking sheet. I lined my sheet pan with non stick aluminum foil today. Drizzle with olive oil and stir with your hands or a spatula. Spread out a little so they are not on top of each other! You can add salt if you like. I don’t personally add salt at this point.
- Roast the chickpeas for 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on it. Your oven may run hotter than mine. Stir or shake pan every 10 minutes. They are done when nice and golden and slightly darkened. Sometime a few chickpeas will pop while roasting and that’s perfectly ok!
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with spices to coat evenly. Serve while warm. They are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and super addictive!